Re: Amused... to death

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:43:10 +0200

"Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1a75df45.0310080241.1394b5e5_at_posting.google.com...
> null_pointer_at_rediffmail.com
>
> > People will crib, people will rant but you cant stop change, because
> > if a company needs to remain competitive it needs to find places where
> > it can get the best quality for the best price.
>
> That IMO is not the real issue. What is the issue is the explotation
> of 3rd world countries and workers. Paying them a pittance as due to
> desperation, they will work for a pittance. (and I have seen this up
> close)

As some people here said, you can live comfortably in $20 a day in india. That's IMHO utilizing the advantages of a different price and value system, not exploitation. Exploitation is to me if you had some starving kids programming 10g because their parents sold them into slavery to oracle.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Wed Oct 08 2003 - 06:43:10 CDT