Re: 10g is a long way off I need regular expressions in 9i

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2003 05:17:42 -0700

luluwilliams_at_earthlink.net (Lucille Williams) wrote in message news:<3f80092d.667385875_at_news.east.earthlink.net>...
> Has anyone heard anything about Oracle retrofitting any features from
> 10g to 9i? It would sure be nice to have regular expressions in
> 9ir2.
>
> It took a long time for people to adopt 9i whole-heartedly so just
> imagine how long it will take with 10g.
>
> Regular expressions are long overdue.

Hi, Lucille,

Please take a look at my article "Oracle Regular Expressions" at http://www.stormloader.com/yonghuang/computer/OracleRegExp.html. The owa_pattern package existed in Oracle 7 and on, if I remember right. The author Matt Bookman doesn't seem to get sufficient credit either in or outside Oracle.

Indeed 10g's regular expressions are much more sophisticated.

Yong Huang Received on Mon Oct 06 2003 - 07:17:42 CDT