Re: Outsourcing developer to India and China - As an Oracle developer I am miffed

From: Ross McKay <rosko_at_zeta.NOT.THIS.BIT.org.au>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 01:18:45 GMT

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 17:55:47 -0700, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>And as Jitendra is absolutely correct the only thing one can do to
>compete with him is to provide things he can't provide:
>
>1. He can't go to a meeting and make himself a useful member of the team.

And that, at least, could make him *more* effective and efficient in many corporate environments ;)

>5. He can't communicate in English or French or German or Spanish or
>Japanese as well as some of us might.

In that respect, a great many of my Australian-born compatriots are right up there with him. From reading USENET posts, I can see that the same applies in the USA and UK also (and I don't mean French, German, Spanish or Japanese...)

--
Ross McKay, WebAware Pty Ltd
"Words can only hurt if you try to read them. Don't play their game" - Zoolander