Does Oracle implement 'Any' and 'All' op codes?

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 3 Oct 2003 04:57:35 -0700

Im reading an academic DB book that covers that SQL Standard(to a lesser extent).

The standard has a couple of op codes. I know how to write this code in Oracle without using them and I cant find them in the documentation(maybe its buried somewhere)...

Such as:

Select Person
From Person_table
where person_height > ANY (Select Height

                              from Blocks
                            )

It means select all 'person' who are taller than ANY block. Its the same thing as using a 'least' function. There is also 'all', which would be implemented with 'max'.

Im just curious. Its not really essential to anything. Received on Fri Oct 03 2003 - 06:57:35 CDT