ORA-29855

From: Pat Campbell <pcampbell_at_onboard-software.com>
Date: 2 Oct 2003 17:54:40 -0700

We have a database (8.1.7) using interMedia Text on a Windows NT (SP 6) platform. We have a schema, schema1, that has several interMedia Text tables and indexes that were built last year. The information in schema1 is being replaced in its entirety with new information.

A second schema, schema2, was created for the development of the new information that will eventually reside in schema1. schema2 had no problems creating the new tables and indexes.

After testing the new information in schema2, we dropped all tables and indexes in schema1 and used the same procedures to create the tables and indexes in schema1. However, when we tried to create the indexes

CREATE INDEX abc on Table1(XML_Code)
INDEXTYPE IS ctxsys.context parameters ('section group ctxsys.auto_section_group');

We get the following error:
*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
ORA-20000: interMedia Text error:
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 126
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 81
ORA-06512: at line 1

We have dropped the index abc with the force option. We have dropped the indexes in schema2 and tried to recreate them. We still get this error.

The view CTX_INDEX_OBJECTS show the index abc in both schemas even after dropping them.

Can anybody help? Many thanks, Received on Thu Oct 02 2003 - 19:54:40 CDT