Re: ORA-29855

From: Manuela Mueller <520040906697-0001_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 14:30:03 +0200

Pat Campbell wrote:

> We have a database (8.1.7) using interMedia Text on a Windows NT (SP
> 6) platform. We have a schema, schema1, that has several interMedia
> Text tables and indexes that were built last year. The information in
> schema1 is being replaced in its entirety with new information.
>
> A second schema, schema2, was created for the development of the new
> information that will eventually reside in schema1. schema2 had no
> problems creating the new tables and indexes.
>
> After testing the new information in schema2, we dropped all tables
> and indexes in schema1 and used the same procedures to create the
> tables and indexes in schema1. However, when we tried to create the
>
> CREATE INDEX abc on Table1(XML_Code)
> INDEXTYPE IS ctxsys.context parameters ('section group
> ctxsys.auto_section_group');
>
> We get the following error:
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
> ORA-20000: interMedia Text error:
> ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
> ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
> ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 126
> ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 81
> ORA-06512: at line 1
>
> We have dropped the index abc with the force option. We have dropped
> the indexes in schema2 and tried to recreate them. We still get this
> error.
>
> The view CTX_INDEX_OBJECTS show the index abc in both schemas even
> after dropping them.
>
> Can anybody help? Many thanks,

Hello Pat,
Just some thougths. Have you checked CTX_USER_INDEX_ERRORS ?

There is a caveat in dropping indexes with force option. See Metalink Note:153264.1
<quote from metalink>
How do you drop an index that is in FAILED or LOADING state?

Answer

SQL> drop index <indexname> force;

Note: Force option is new in Oracle8i
A DROP FORCE, should NEVER be interupted. Such an interuption may result in the Text data dictionary containing
inconsistencies
</quote from metalink>

Have you checked your interMedia Text installation and setup with a simple test case?

Hth
Manuela Mueller Received on Fri Oct 03 2003 - 07:30:03 CDT