Re: LMT advice

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:04:00 +0100

Brian,

I've never seen odd sizes appear - but I have heard comments about parallel execution and 'create table as select' not being aware of LMTs and therefore doing extent trimming.

Your system doesn't look as if this was the case (as I think you would have 'N x 16' of the smallest extents rather than just 16, but it might be a related issue.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

____Finland__September 22nd - 24th
____Norway___September 25th - 26th
____UK_______December (UKOUG conference)

Three-day seminar:
see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html
____USA__October
____UK___November

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

"Brian Peasland" <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com> wrote in message

> Never seen an "odd" sized LMT with the tablespace in AUTOALLOCATE?
Check