Re: Administrator / domain user differences Oracle9i

From: rdmw <rdmw0001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2003 09:31:02 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message

> Sybrand's advice is spot on. In Oracle there is only one database
> (physical file system), one instance (the in-memory
> processes, and many schemas (users with objects). If you did a CREATE
> DATABASE you likely made a bit of a mess.

FYI, I used the database configuration assistant to create a "general purpose" database when I was logged on as Administrator. I didn't use any "create database" statement manually but I still could not connect to the database using net8 loggged on as a domain user. I have also never used sqlserver. I thought, why bother with sqlserver if you can start with Oracle.
Anyway, I'll be reading more documentation in the future. Thanks for your advice.

Regards,
Ronald Wouters Received on Sat Sep 27 2003 - 11:31:02 CDT