ORA-03114 and Remedy

From: PBenware <phil_at_hms.harvard.edu>
Date: 25 Sep 2003 17:04:57 -0700

I am the closest thing to a Remedy Admin in my shop, and we are running Oracle 8.1.7 on Win 2K Server
Recently we've start receiving the following error from the Remedy db logs:

90600 : Failure during SQL operation to the database (ARERR 552) Thu Sep 25 07:40:45 2003 ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

For all intenets, the numbers in the first line can be ignored, as they are references to Remedy, but the text in the first line and the whole of the second line are my concern.

I'm not an Oracle admin, so I don't have access to Oracle support, and therefore cannot look up the Oracle error.

Can someone define for me the ORA-03114 error?

At this point suggestions for fixes are not required (although useful thoughts are always welcome)

Thanks for your help.

Phil Benware
Harvard Medical School
Boston, Mass., 02115 Received on Thu Sep 25 2003 - 19:04:57 CDT