Re: Oracle DBA Job or Oracle Apps Support?

From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 05:20:18 GMT

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:17:11 -0700, Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Also, I think we have been very plain here about the value, or lack
> thereof, in certification. Education yes, certification? Why?

Because it is there. ;) Since I'm doing the education (Oracle Univ. training CDs) why not shoot for the exams and get the certification? I agree that actual experience is what matters most at crunch time but having things like Oracle certifications and university degrees do say something about the person. What that is I can't put into words. Probably that they value writing on parchment and updating their resumes more than they should. :p Received on Wed Sep 24 2003 - 00:20:18 CDT