Re: oracle 9i replication

From: --- <---_at_noddy.land>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:31:37 GMT

How many databases are being updated 1,2 ...

MM replication is OK when it works, but when it doesn't you'll want to tear your head off. You also need to design the db to handle things like conflict resolution ie the same record beng updated in two sites simultaneously.

If you have one master site that handles the updates and the others are essentially read only then materialized views are a good bet.

I've only played with streams a bit, they seem OK but are still new and could have some issues with reliability.