Re: need help tuning a very large delete

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:22:43 -0400

does this hold true for hash_area_size? We are doing alot of

insert into table
select * from staging_table
where pk not in (select /*+ hash_aj */ pk from table);

We have rather large tables and i found i have to jack up my hash_area_size. is it not worth jacking this up if I use parallel? I cant in general cases because we run 50 of these large inserts at a time and it doesnt scale.

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:3f6b7381$0$6528$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...
> Ryan Gaffuri wrote:
>

> > so your saying the tuning course says not to have a high
> > sort_area_size if your doing parallel query? Wow....
>

> Uh huh. Interesting, isn't it? (Well, 1 MB is quite big, I suppose.
They're