Re: SQL hints/ways of enhancing sort/GROUP BY queries...

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:18:46 -0400

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message news:piojmv0o8fbd4bq8aqh8p3onqd4h3qn0gt_at_4ax.com...
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:48:59 -0400, "Alan" <alan_at_erols.com> wrote:
>
> >IOW use RBO! :)
>

> Anyone still promoting RBO must consider to retire at the earliest
> possible moment. Or they will be unemployed because RBO is finally put
> to rest.
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

ive talked to several people who have a 'layered view' model where you have complex views built upon complex views and the CBO slows to a crawl. They are forced to use the RBO. This happens alot with off the shelf products that rely on this. You have no choice but to use the RBO in those cases since your company bought the product and you cant fix it. Received on Sat Sep 20 2003 - 12:18:46 CDT