Re: 9.2.0.4 update and event 10195

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:29:28 +0200

"Tanel Poder" <change_to_my_first_name_at_integrid.info> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3f6b145c_1_at_news.estpak.ee...
>Hi!

>Comments inline.

Btw, what did you do to that message? I can'e get outlook express to quote this properly. had to quote it manually.

>There is no init.ora nor spfile parameter called "events". There is init.ora param called "event".
>You can set your spfile parameter event to following for example:
>SQL> alter system set event='10046 trace name context lifetime 10, level 1:4031 trace name HEAPDUMP level 1;name ERRORSTACK level
3' scope=spfile;
When I tried this last time it produced an error telling me I couldn't change event. Tried it again right now, worked this time. Was probably a typo although the error message was more specific, ISTR.

Ok, I understand. I'll have a look at that DMBS_SYSTEM package. I got a bit of doc at http://www.oracleadvice.com/Tips/dbms_system_v2.htm. OTOH, since I will be settin this event til the next patch corrects the CBO bug and then reboot anyway I'll probably not bother with that package and do the change in the spfile.

>[re courses]
>Search for "Oracle9i Database: Seminar Series for Oracle Server" in OE website.
Ok, got it.

Thanks a lot!
Volker Received on Fri Sep 19 2003 - 10:29:28 CDT