Re: strange select issue

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:45:51 +0100

> Then it is indeed a bit weird.
>
> I thought the solution could be found in the different access plan,
> but not on only 120 rows.
> anyway the first query will retrieve the result set directly from the
> while the second need to access the table could it be that there is some
> kind of lock on the table that does not allow you to read it, meanwhile
> you
> can safely read from the index?

i'm really not sure anymore!! in a vain attempt to resolve this quickly i dropped the user with a cascade, then from another working system that this user also resides on i exp'd their data and reied to imp it into this new clean user. The same issue, it just hangs? I really don't understand this now as it is data from a workign user being out into a clean user on the same instance.

any more ideas?

thanks Received on Fri Sep 19 2003 - 08:45:51 CDT