Re: setting up oracle 9i server

From: Thomas T <T_at_T>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:12:31 -0400

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message news:glgemvss8vldk1du3s2f27e2qe83m72duj_at_4ax.com...
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:26:41 +0100, "Noel" <tbal_at_go2.pl> wrote:
>
> >Oh, what do you need to know that syntax for, nowadays.
> >Since i'm using DBA Studio, i just simply choose 'Create' then 'User',
then
> >i choose tablespaces,
> >will grant roles and finaly accept with 'Create'.
> >If i want to see sql i simply look into 'show sql' and got it :-)
> >It works fine also with creating tablespaces, datafiles etc..
> >
> >Otherhand, i've got script written in 1997 to create larger rollback
> >segments for 7.x database.
> >It's still faster to create 24 rollback segments with script. :-)
>
> Obviously you have been too much brainwashed by the point and click
> brigade. Rest assured, you will never ever *truly* learn Oracle.
> One day you will end up in an environment without a GUI and then you
> will be fired veryyyyyyyyyy soon.
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

My personal gripe with DBA Studio (Oracle 8.1.7 rdbms, using OEM 2.2 on a Win2k SP3 client machine)- trying to bring up DBA studio, and seeing nothing- then checking the task manager, and I see jrew.exe has hung yet again. It usually happens when I need to see v$session info in a hurry. I've learned to just bring up another SQL*Plus session, which is all I can do from our old servers anyway. I try to think of it (DBA Studio) as one less thing I need to learn!

-Thomas Received on Tue Sep 16 2003 - 13:12:31 CDT