Re: Latest Oracle client version for 8i (8.1.7)

From: Thomas T <T_at_T>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:06:27 -0400

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message news:1ggemvcs58geuvvq9u02h2smlu2k2a3kem_at_4ax.com...
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:42:44 GMT, Dave Hau
> <davehau_nospam_123_at_nospam_netscape.net> wrote:
>
> > All
> >subsequent bug fixes go into the 9i tree
>
> Rubbish
> The current version 8.1.7.4.10
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

With ADO, if you're using the Oracle Provider for OLE DB (as I do, instead of the Microsoft Provider for Oracle), there was a bug in the earlier Oracle clients for their provider that wouldn't return the proper null-terminated string from a stored procedure. So if you call any stored procedures, you might have to do some work in your testing environment to make sure your application still interprets the strings correctly.

-Thomas Received on Tue Sep 16 2003 - 13:06:27 CDT