Re: Simple Upgrade questions

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:44:06 +0200

Turkbear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us> wrote:

>Have you actually tried to read the documentation?
>
>All installs of Oracle have that directory ( in really older ones is may have been in a slightly different location)
>- each has the scripts specific to that version as well as the more generic utility scripts.
>
>Read the Sql scripts to see what they do ( or the docs)

Of course all Oracle installs have that directory. It is always $ORACLE_HOME :-) I will help you out: This is an environment variable that can have different values at different times. There are two times to be considered: Before and after the upgrade. My question was, are the upgrade scripts from the new environment (WITH A CHANGED VALUE OF $ORACLE_HOME)? (In the meantime, I understood the procedure. And I understand why my question seemed to be so dumb).

Rick Denoire Received on Mon Sep 15 2003 - 15:44:06 CDT