Re: Tom kyte's New book

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 04:19:04 GMT

with family. Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign. You can figure it out.
"Stan" <stan0074_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:3F61355C.9030501_at_comcast.net...
> > Thanks for the information! Is "Expert One-on-One Oracle" still a
current
> > book (for 8i)?
>
> yes, but certain fundamental concepts would still apply to 9i.
>
> After recently finding out that there's a million Oracle
> > tuning myths out there, I'd like to get a book that will actually help
me.
> > I'll buy both of these guys if that's the best bet. Does the 1-on-1
book
> > cover 9i, also?
> >
> > Is Oracle Performance Tuning 101 worth anything? It seems as if the
book
> > was written to argue against the myths, but I'd like a second opinion.
> >

> I don't have this so i can't speak for it.
>
> > Any other no-myth-all-reality books I should know about?
> >

> well, the book that immediately springs to mind is 'practical oracle 8i'
> by jonathan lewis. my all time favorite.

I agree Jonathan's book is excellent. I was able to get Tom to sign his new book. Even though I dreaded paying that darn California sales tax, I wasn't going to lug it from Oregon to California and back to save a couple of bucks and have him sign it at Oracle World.
Jim Received on Thu Sep 11 2003 - 23:19:04 CDT