Re: [PL/SQL] Objects

From: Steven Alfisi <steven_at_alfisi.com>
Date: 10 Sep 2003 11:05:41 -0700

I agree with the above post about the XML uses from object types. I just finished a project using Oracle's XDK to insert and query XML data from Object views (a view based on a user defined object type). It works great. I personally still store data in relational tables so I have instead of insert triggers on my object views to move the data into the relational tables. There was some annoying little things I had to get around with by using XSL, but 95% of my XML needs Oracle could handle with it's native object functionality. Received on Wed Sep 10 2003 - 13:05:41 CDT