Re: Problem with SS7(WinNT) -> O9i(Solaris) Migration

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:54:52 GMT

Somewhere in the migration wizard, you've got a table's column(s) defined with the NOT NULL constraint. And then you are trying to push a row of data into the table where the value is NULL. Remove the NOT NULL constraint if you must push this data into the table, or modify the table's column to use a default value instead.

HTH,
Brian

Richard Crawford wrote:

> I've been breaking my head over this one for a couple of weeks now.
>
> The source database is an MS-SQL Server 7 database living on a Windows
> NT server; the destination is an Oracle 9i database living on Solaris
> 9.
>
> I've been trying to use the Oracle Migration Workbench to migrate the
> database, but after two weeks, I have had no success. At every
> attempt, I get the following error:
>
> "failed to map index :
> oracle.mtg.migration.MigrationSQLException: ORA-01400: cannot insert
> NULL into ("SA"."OM_INDEX_INFO"."TABLE_NAME") :ORA-01400: cannot
> insert NULL into ("SA"."OM_INDEX_INFO"."TABLE_NAME")"
>
> This is just the first in approximately 750 similar errors.
>
> I admit that I am at a loss. If anyone can offer any guidance, I
> would greatly appreciate it.

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"