Re: calling sqlplus from unix shell script error

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:35:43 GMT

> The script:
>
> sqlplus<<! > $CometsLog/create-tst92.log sys/system

Note that you have "sys/system". This is probably not a valid userid/pswd combination. But then again, it may just be that you modified it so that I don't know your password.

Why not just code your script as follows?:

sqlplus /nolog <<EOF > $CometsLog/create-tst92.log

connect sys/pswd as sysdba

exit
EOF

Make sure that the 'EOF' starts in column 1 of your text file.

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"