Re: SQLPlus & TNSListener

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:31:28 GMT

The only way to verify that your listener is running is to issue the 'lsnrctl status' command. I've noticed on Windows that there is a problem where the service starts, yet the Oracle software is not running, on occasion. So verify that the listener is in fact running. Also verify that the listener is running on the port you are trying to contact.

HTH,
Brian

"Malderez Cédric" wrote:

> Hello !!
>
> I've just installed Oracle 8.1.7 on W2k Pro
> I've created 2 database Base1 & Base2
> And I need to access to them using SQLPlus
>
> But I keep having the following error code ORA 12541: TNS : No Listener
>
> I dont understand .. the TNSListener service is running
> It's configuration file "tnslistener.ora" is well formated
> "tnsname.ora" is also well formated
>
> Anyone has an idea ?
>
> Thanks !

Brian Peasland