Re: Oracle performance with Microsoft Project

From: tom thayer <tomthayer2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Sep 2003 11:58:09 -0700

Oracle is the chosen database for the CRM. It's not optional. It appears to me that the bottleneck is simply the number of transactions. There are 40,000 updates for one table (msp_number_fields) and a lot of other sql. There are a lot of factors involved (odbc driver, sql*net, database and corresponding for Microsoft path), but we were wondering if someone has any insight as to why the one path has such a big advantage over the other. Received on Thu Sep 04 2003 - 13:58:09 CDT