Re: 8.1.7 Enterprise memory limit?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 07:51:33 -0700

lakshmanan_k wrote:

> Sorry, it is not db_blocks. should read buffer cache.
>
> I just want to know, if the formula is correct or not. I went thru' the
> document 225349.1 from Oracle. I am NOT clear about the explanation.
>
> Is the steps mentioned corect, if db_blocks can be excused and read as
> buffer cache? If no, can you give me the correct implemtation
> procedure for this?
>
> Regards
>
> LakshmananK
>
> hvgtlakshvmanan_k_at_yahoo.com
>
> --
> Remove hvgt and the v before manan to reply

I'm letting Sybrands advice to you stand because he is correct. But do want to add that it appears that you have come to Oracle with the concept that the product is tuned by throwing huge amounts of RAM at it. Something that is not the case.

So the question I would like to put to you is ... why are you doing this? What tests have you run that indicate anything is wrong? What are you trying to fix?

--
Daniel Morgan
http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/aoa/aoa_main.asp