Re: 8.1.7 Enterprise memory limit?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 16:25:53 +0200

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 08:34:12 -0400, lakshmanan_k <hvgtlakshvmanan_k_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Is the steps mentioned corect, if db_blocks can be excused and read as
>buffer cache? If no, can you give me the correct implemtation
>procedure for this?

4.5 Gb buffer cache is outrageous and will *create* performance problems instead of resolve them, because of the method Oracle is using to traverse to buffer cache.
It is not too late to return from the road to hell, yet....

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Sep 01 2003 - 09:25:53 CDT