Re: encrypt fields, passwords??

From: Rainer Herbst <rherbst__at__rz.uni-potsdam.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:39:00 +0200

bigbinc schrieb:
> I am working on a web application, I can encrypt passwords when viewed
> by the user, on the website, how do you encrypt a password when viewed
> through oracle sql*plus for example or when doing basic queries. And
> if I encrypt a password on the backend will that change I check the
> password in vbscript.
>
> Berlin Brown
> bigbinc_at_hotmail.com

passwords should not be encrypted in the frontend, but they should be stored encrypted. Oracle provides a PL/SQL package called DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT, have a look on the method it provides!

Regards
Rainer

Rainer Herbst         Linux - Registered
ZEIK                  User #319157
Universität Potsdam   Usual disclaimers applies!