Materialized View vs. Manual summary job

From: Christian Svensson <chse30_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Aug 2003 03:52:34 -0700

Greetings all,

We are currently in our Datawarehouse project using manual jobs to create summay tables for our datamarts. I am about to investigate if we can gain some performance of using Materialized Views(MV) to do the summary tables so to say. The datamarts affected by this are always inital load and not delta loads. The jobs are run every weekend.

Our environment is Solaris & Oracle 8.1.7.3

Thanks for any comments on this.

Best regards

Christian Svensson Received on Fri Aug 29 2003 - 05:52:34 CDT