Re: Cheapest Oracle RAC Configuration

From: Quarkman <quarkman_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: 28 Aug 2003 01:24:16 -0700

jargia4life_at_yahoo.ca (Raj) wrote in message news:<aeaf3ea0.0308271321.417ea71c_at_posting.google.com>...
> I need to configure Oracle RAC using Veritas Cluster on a sparc Solaris system
> without having to buy the expensive storage devices.
>
> What is the cheapest method to do this?
>
> Please help.
>
> Raj

Raj: RAC is not cheap. Period. You can't do it on the cheap, as the Oracle licence alone is going to set you back tens of thousands of dollars. Add to that interconnect redundancy, hard disk raiding and everything else... well, you just can't do RAC cheap.

If one was concerned about costs in any part of a RAC implementation, then I'd suggest one steered well away from RAC (just use the host clustering capabilities for high availability) and look at Data Guard instead.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu Aug 28 2003 - 03:24:16 CDT