Re: Oracle Create User Problem

From: Rajesh <action_at_tarangtech.com>
Date: 28 Aug 2003 01:20:00 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3F4CE2FF.90CF4999_at_exxesolutions.com>...
> Rajesh wrote:
>
> > Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3F4B90E8.6939064E_at_exxesolutions.com>...

> > > CREATE USER <user_name>
> > > IDENTIFIED BY <password>
> > > DEFAULT TABLESPACE <pick_just_one>
> > > TEMPORARY TABLESPACE <temp>
> > > QUOTA 0 ON SYSTEM
> > > QUOTA ? ON <tablespace_name>
> > > QUOTA ? ON <tablespace_name>
> > > QUOTA ? ON <tablespace_name>
> > > QUOTA ? ON <tablespace_name>
> > > PROFILE DEFAULT;
> > Thanks! Morgan.
> > I am able to create user with your suggestion.
> > How to see, who is the owner of the tablespace? if, i don't specify
> > "Quota ? on tb1", User won't be able to access tb1.
> >
> > Please correct me?
>
> My pleasure.
>
> A schema must have a quota on a tablespace to access it unless granted the UNLIMITED TABLESPACE system
> privilege and that is one privilege I don't believe should ever be granted for any reason.
>
> To determine who has what quota on what tablespace look at the data dictionary views:
>
> user_ts_quota
> all_ts_quotas
> dba_ts_quotas

Thanks! Daniel.
Ho!, i used UNLIMITED, This is other issue which not sure how do i calculate the tablespace and table size or storage options? like INITIAL or NEXT or MINEXTENTS or MAXEXTENTS....Any excel sheet or a tools available to do it. Are their any MATH to easy the calculation.

User Creation above used only in 8i Since In 9i it is locally managed. Is that the reason, i get the below error when creating TEMPERARY tablespace?
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-12913: Cannot create dictionary managed tablespace. Do i have change any params to resolve this? Received on Thu Aug 28 2003 - 03:20:00 CDT