Re: Harrison Redhouse RAC article

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:44:10 +0100

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:3f4ab801$0$10360$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...

> "Franklin" <member29243_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Not sure about the article,
>
> It was an explanation of how to create a RAC without a physical cluster...
> in other words, how to run a two-instance RAC on a single PC. It was
> Windows-based, but the principles were cross-platform applicable.

And if you need a handy dandy install guide for RAC installation on a laptop then James Morle's Unbreakable article on the same site includes Papa's Secret Laptop RAC Recipe complete with misspelling of pukka.

As to authorship of the original article I would suggest confused readers consider the technical ability displayed by the relevant posters here and the probability of a non-Oaktable member being able to publish articles on the Oaktable web site.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA