Re: loading tables with SQLLoader

From: Anurag Varma <avarmadba.skipthis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:02:24 GMT

"Frederic Marciano" <frederic.marciano_at_caramail.com> wrote in message news:b2cc7d3d.0308250738.643b1bc_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to import data in tables of various sizes.
> I have noticed that there are important differences in loading time.
> For tables with the same number of lines (about 8 million), time can
> be multiply by 10. Does anybody know where that could come from ? I
> use a Tablespace composed by 5 files of 2 Go. Could the error come
> from the structure of my tablespace (size of extends...)
>
> I tried to create a tablespace with an unique file of 12 Go, but I got
> an error.
>
> Thanks.

Two table with same amount of rows .. having different load times ...

Well did you account for:

* index loading times (one table with 1 index .. other with 10)
* One table might be one column other 1000 columns.
* IOT or HOT ? (IOT rows imported one at a time)
* Long columns? BLOBs/CLOBs (rows imported one at a time)
* What are your import settings?

You seem to have gone on a totally different tangent?

Anurag Received on Mon Aug 25 2003 - 12:02:24 CDT