Re: Is it possible to rename a tablespace ?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 08:59:35 +0800

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Luigi wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> > I'd like to know if it's possible to rename a tablespace with Oracle 9i.
> > Thanks a lot
> > Luigi
>
> No. But I wonder why you would care. Tablespace names are absolutely
> irrelevant. Not a single piece of application SQL will ever mention a
> tablespace name: Just ignore it.
>
> --
> Daniel Morgan
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad_crs.asp
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

Actually its a genuine requirement. What if you want to transport a tablespace from two different databases to the same target and those names coincide...

I would not be surprised at all if this functionality appears in a future release

hth
connor

--
Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"