Re: How to optimize query with %% ?

From: Tanel Poder <change_to_my_first_name_at_integrid.info>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:52:37 +0300

Hi!

If you mean by optimizing that you want an index to be used when searching for %ABC%, then you can't do it with normal B*Tree indexes. This is not an Oracle specific issue, it's simple logic of the way b*tree indexes work. If you really need this, you can use Context option to create special types of text indexes, but these can get huge, so I recommend to review your applications design.

Tanel.