Re: OT, but quite educational if you got the time to read it.

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 21 Aug 2003 23:39:28 -0700

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote

> http://news.com.com/2008-1082_3-5065859.html?tag=fd_lede2_hed

Q. What is it that Open Source has shown the clearest?

  1. Just what commercial software companies truly are. From Microsoft to SCO.

I am not talking software or even quality of software. Simply about the underhand, dirty, predatory, and often illegal, methods that these guys use to do business.

I at times wonder.. just how can you as a person sleep at night when you spend every waking moment trying to screw or even destroy fellow human beings? How can you look at yourself in the mirror? Or even look your kids into the eyes when they look trustingly at you as their rolemodel, mentor, guide & tutor...

Or do all the money (and power) smother one's conscience and principles?

--
Billy