Re: make file for pro*c

From: Harald Maier <maierh_at_myself.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:02:10 +0200

"Oradba Linux" <techiey2k3_at_comcast.net> writes:

> Could somebody point me to "how to" for writing make files in
> pro*c. Also some explanation about the default make file provided
> with oracle 8174 hp-ux 11

If you are using the GNU make and the GNU info system then you can just type in

  $ info make

In general the proc*c default make file should be a initial inspiration. But today linking is not so difficult as for years. I think on most systems the following addition - $(ORALIBS) - to the system linker should be enough:

,----

| ORALIBS=-L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib -lclntsh
|
| # rules for precompiling
|
| # maybe rules for compiling
|
| hello : hello.o
| 	ld -o hello hello.o $(ORALIBS)

`----

Harald Received on Thu Aug 21 2003 - 00:02:10 CDT