Re: using OCIRowidToChar

From: Harald Maier <maierh_at_myself.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 06:40:19 +0200

deevandeevan_at_hotmail.com (yy343) writes:

> Hi Harald
>
> thanks for the reply, I don't see any error until I run the
> OCIRowidToChar function. I am single stepping in the debugger, so I
> am confident the error occurs with the OCIRowidToChar function.
>
> When I check OCI_ATTR_ROWS_FETCHED right after the OCIStmtExecute,
> the result I get back is 1. This is expected since I would like to
> update 1 row.
>
> Is there any way to tell if the row ID I am getting back is valid?

Just a dark shot from your given fragment. Again check your fetched attributes. I am sure one of them is null. In general you have to do error checking directly behind _each_ statement. Your problem sounds to me as a delayed error checking. Happy debugging ...

Harald Received on Wed Aug 20 2003 - 23:40:19 CDT