File System question

From: Jay <jlee00_99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Aug 2003 15:28:26 -0700

I have 480 blocks of space left on a File System. On this file system is an installation of Oracle DB. I have been running out of space on this particular file system. I have removed some log files to free up space, but this hasn't helped much at all. I know I can unmount/remount this file system to allocate more space, but I think I will have to reinstall Oracle DB, which is not the ideal choice. I will most likely reduce the size of database files (dbf files) to free up additional space. Other than error messages indicating that the file system has no free space, what other issues will I encounter if significant amount of space is not freed up?

On a side note, I do have significant amount of space on other file systems on this Uniware 2.X box. Received on Mon Aug 18 2003 - 17:28:26 CDT