Re: Moving a stored procedure

From: Burton Peltier <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:54:15 -0500

Can't imagine a "simple command in sqlplus" for this - other than as others have pointed out using sql to generate the sql command file to recreate the Plsql.

Not trying to sell any particular product, but there are many tools other than sqlplus that allow easier manipulation of PlSql. I haven't looked at Oracle's tool, but they use to have a tool (maybe in OEM now?) for editting PlSql.

There are others too, but I like TOAD (buy version from quest.com) . Also, the freeware version might be good enough for you . I use the buy version now, but you could try downloading the TOAD freeware version - simple zip file that you unzip. It is at http://www.toadsoft.com .

In the buy version (might be same in freeware), you simply open the Plsql unit in procedure editor and then click on a drop down to change database session to the new database you want to copy to and then click on compile (which of course also saves into the new database).