Re: A few NG related questions

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 03:48:14 GMT

John wrote:

> * I saw posting statistics posted from time to time. How are these
> ststs generated? Is ORACLE Corp. somehow involved?

So that's me then.

I use a series of Perl scripts (nntpget, news-scan, news-stats) available from http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/by-module/News/, originally written by Greg Bacon <gbacon_at_cs.uah.edu>.

One or more of these scripts are Copyright (c) 1998 Greg Bacon.

I do work for Oracle, but the collection and posting of the stats is done by myself in my own free time.

In the interest of full disclosure, I do use this newsgroup as a source of information, I do use this information to help determine the types of issues affecting our customers, and I do feed these into the database product development cycle as product requirements.

Once again, however, this is purely my own initiative, and as an activity is not officially sponsored by Oracle. Received on Wed Aug 13 2003 - 22:48:14 CDT