Re: exp/imp utilities index space

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 23:37:34 +0200

Srinivas <ps_chowdary_at_hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 68dbad24.0308081324.5acf67ca_at_posting.google.com...
| Hi DBA gurus,
|
| In our app setup we use separate table and index spaces. We use
| exp/imp utilties to transfer between different schemas wihtin a
| database or between different databases. We do not exportof indexes
| (index=n during exp)
|
| If we create all the tables and indexes before import, then I will be
| able to define index space name along with each index creation.
|
| But I do not create tables and indexes before import, then where will
| be indexes created after the import? How is it possible to configure
| in a such a way that it uses separate index space rather than temp?
|
| thanks,
| Chowdary

When the tablespace that is in the create statement in the dump file does not exists, the segment will be created in the users default tablespace. When the tablespace exists and the user has no privilige to create segments in that tablespace you get an error.

But when you made an exp without indexes, there are no indexes to import... By the way: bad idea to create the indexes before the imp. For better performance it is better to create the indexes after the import. So do imp ... indexes=n .... and have a script that creates indexes afterwards. Received on Fri Aug 08 2003 - 16:37:34 CDT