exp/imp utilities index space

From: Srinivas <ps_chowdary_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2003 14:24:05 -0700

Hi DBA gurus,

In our app setup we use separate table and index spaces. We use exp/imp utilties to transfer between different schemas wihtin a database or between different databases. We do not exportof indexes (index=n during exp)

If we create all the tables and indexes before import, then I will be able to define index space name along with each index creation.

But I do not create tables and indexes before import, then where will be indexes created after the import? How is it possible to configure in a such a way that it uses separate index space rather than temp?

thanks,
Chowdary Received on Fri Aug 08 2003 - 16:24:05 CDT