[ORA734] How to avoid rollback segment use when copying data?

From: Gert Van Gaever <gert.vangaever_at_pharmacia.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2003 01:57:51 -0700

Hello,

We're using Oracle 7.3.4. here.
We have a véry occupied server here, with very little space left. We'd like to copy some data to other tables, and then export it, to be imported in another database.
But there's still the error of ORA-1555 'snapshot too old', which means the rollback segments are full.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to increase the rollback segment.

Is there a way to avoid the rollback segment, since it isn't really neccessary in this case??

Tnx
Gert Received on Wed Aug 06 2003 - 03:57:51 CDT