Re: Query taking forever...

From: Richard <qaz1521_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:22:20 +0100

Can you use the trace facility to generate an execution plan and statistics for your query? Details of how to do this are in the tuning guide. This will show how Oracle interprets your query.

Also, what indexes are set up on the swpro table? Do you generate optimizer statistics regularly?

Richard

"Tiger Woods" <clintonn_at_meb.co.za> wrote in message news:3f2fc081$0$225_at_hades.is.co.za...
> Hi all.
>
> I have a query that is taking forever (11 - 12 minutes on the initial run)
> and its query a table that has just less than 74 000 records.
> The statement is as follows:
>
> SELECT casenum, flags, starter, casedesc, procflags,
to_char(next_deadline,