Help needed with Import/Export

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:30:49 +0100

Morning Kathi,

>> Thanks for your helpful tip regarding the compress option.
You're welcome - it will save you a lot off grief in the future. Trust me !

>> Oh and yes, we've just started working on a migration to 8.1.7 - also
>> in support, I believe.

Well it is, until 31/12/2003.
When you move over to 8i (or 9i if you can) change to creating your tablespaces as locally managed with uniform extent size - imports will run better (well, they do for me). Plus the problems with 'compress' will go away as LMT force the creation of equally sized extents regardless of what is asked for.

>> I'm sure that I will be hanging out here alot :P
I'm sure we'll be here too :o)

Cheers,
Norm.

Norman Dunbar