Re: Help needed with Import/Export

From: Kathi <katelynal_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Aug 2003 09:06:26 -0700

Norman,

Thanks for your helpful tip regarding the compress option. Luckily I ended up not having to do the import after all. No activity had been done in the database since our tape backup, so we restored our system from that. Voila! as if the problem never occurred except for a little glitch involving a corrupted rollback segment. Dropped the other rollback segments, dropped the rollback tablespace because the corrupted rollback segment couldn't drop, then recreated the segments.  Then recreated the tablespace/datafile with the 'reuse' option.

Oh and yes, we've just started working on a migration to 8.1.7 - also not in support, I believe. Still, should be better than where we are.  I'm sure that I will be hanging out here alot :P

Regards,
Kathi Manley
Controller/DBA