Re: Can't see a RAC instance in available targets (to set events and run Jobs).

From: quarkman <quarkman_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:34:28 +1000

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:54:00 +0200, Kantix <francesco"dot"cantisano_at_tin.it> wrote:

> Hi,
> I can't see as available target a RAC instance in a OMS.
> Between the OMS and the RAC there is a firewall.
> I've asked the network admin to open the 7772,7773,1748,1754 between the
> OMS
> and both the RAC nodes.
> After that I've succesfully discovered the nodes, I can ping the agents
> and
> I can connect to the nodes etc....
> But, If I want to set up events or jobs, I don't see the RAC insances in
> the
> list of available targets.
> The agents are running on both RAC nodes.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks
> Francesco

Check your listener.ora. For a start, unless the services are listed explicitly in the SID_LIST section, the agent doesn't know about them, and they won't be discovered. Second, make sure you've set up the init.ora for both nodes/instances so that automatic registration of the instances with their respective listeners works. Registration will require you use SERVICE_NAME= rather than SID= if you want to be able to connect to a single entity, the cluster... which you'll need for load balancing and failover purposes. Third, make sure each instance is registering itself correctly with the *remote* listeners (so, for #2, you need to set local_listener, and for #3, you need to set remote_listener).

In short, post your listener.ora, your init.ora and your tnsnames.ora if you want a fuller answer.

~QM Received on Mon Aug 04 2003 - 06:34:28 CDT