Read SQL Server long table name from Oracle

From: Linda Lee <goforticket_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2003 22:29:39 -0700

I used Oracle HS connectivity to create a database link to SQL Server database which is by a third party application. All SQL Server table names are weird, having multiple . (dots) such as final.test.jobs. Now when I do 'select * from final.test.jobs_at_dblink;' (or 'select * from "final.test.jobs"@dblink;') in Oracle, I keep getting something like 'table test.jobs is not found in the remote database' error. Is there a way to workaround on this problem?

By the way, if I create a table named jobs in the same SQL Server database, I have no problem to select it.

Thanks a lot for your help. Received on Mon Aug 04 2003 - 00:29:39 CDT