Re: is it possible to see who dropped a DB link or would 9i do it on its own due to bug?

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 23:21:02 +0200

hourman <sdfdfwetudfyt_at_7fdfster.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 3f2d794d$0$986$45beb828_at_newscene.com...
| using Oracle 9i R2. on sun unix sun server.
|

| On our produciton system someone dropped a databse link over the weekend.
At
| least that is what we suspect
|
| On saturday at 9 am it was there (process that uses it ran ok) at 2 pm it
was
| gone (same process failed when we checked db link was not there, once we
| created it again it worked)
|
| so options are:
|
| 1 Someone logged in with an account able to drop it and did so
|
| 2 Oracle 9i drops DB links without user intervenation, but leaves
everything
| else fine.
|
| if option 1 is it possible to find out. We looked at all objects table
but
| did not see links there. is there any otehr place that would have logged
that
| info?

Very unlikely Oracle decided to drop it. Must be an human error. Look for "logminer" in the documentation. I hope the database is in archive log mode because most likely the timeperiod you must investigate is no longer in the online redologs (if it is make a copy of them a.s.a.p. and write down the info from v$log and v$logfile, maybe v$log_history). So you need the archives of that period.
Search on Metalink for notes how to find a drop of a databaselink. I know DDL is harder to find then DML. Not sure if it possible at all. But it's your only hope. Unless auditing was on for this objects/statements, but I don't think it was, otherwise you had not posted this. Received on Sun Aug 03 2003 - 16:21:02 CDT