How to store large BLOB using PL/SQL and Java? (max size is 32512)

From: Bomb Diggy <techguy_chicago_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2003 13:28:21 -0700

Hi all,

I get the following error message when attempting to store a BLOB larger than 32,512 bytes.

ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

I happen to be calling this from Java, but I don't think that has anything to do w/ what seems to be an Oracle-imposed limitation on the size of an incoming (BLOB?) parameter.

   PROCEDURE MY_BLOB_PROC
   (

      P_ID	           IN	   NUMBER(5),
      P_FILE_NAME          IN      VARCHAR2(50),
      P_ATTACHMENT         IN      BLOB

   )

Thanks. Received on Fri Aug 01 2003 - 15:28:21 CDT